The seat-airbag compatible seat covers are designed to allow the side seams to split upon deployment of an airbag.
They are constructed using a computer-controlled stitching process and specialised thread, which has been tested by
APV-T Testing and Engineering services 1521 Hume Highway, Campbellfield, Victoria 3061
and found to not obstruct the deployment and position of the airbag.
For full details of a sample test report please click on the link below
SPERLING ENTERPRISES AIRBAG DISCLAIMER
If your SPERLING SEAT COVERS are SEAT-AIRBAG COMPATIBLE they will have a label sewn into a seam on the backrest at around shoulder height.
This product is suitable for cars with standard side seat- airbags. Before fitting please read below.
1. Correct initial fitting and securing of this seat cover on your vehicle is essential to allow the deployment of seat
airbag. Incorrect fitting can prevent the seat airbag from inflating correctly in the event of a collision.
2. The driver and passenger seat cover must be fitted to the correct side. There is an identifying tag on each
seat cover. You must fit ‘drivers’ on the driver's side and passenger’ on the passenger side.
3. Seat covers that have slipped must be repositioned. If this is no longer possible because of advanced wear
the seat cover must be replaced.
4. Do not tamper with the opening side seam of the seat cover.
5. These seat covers are designed to allow the side seams to split open upon deployment of an airbag because
they are constructed using a computer-controlled stitching process and specialised thread.
6. If the side seam splits for any reason it cannot be repaired. Any attempt to resew the seam may interfere with
the standard integrated side airbag deployment.
7. Discard the seat covers after side airbag activation.
IF YOU HAVE A VEHICLE WITH SEAT-FITTED AIRBAGS THEN YOU MUST INSTALL SEAT COVERS THAT ARE SEAT-AIRBAG COMPATIBLE SERIOUS INJURY MAY RESULT IF YOU FIT COVERS THAT ARE NOT SEAT-AIRBAG COMPATIBLE.