Miller Canvas is an authorized Ozroll Distributor for genuine Ozroll roller shutter components & parts, including the low voltage Ozroll L10 15.121.000 motor assembly powered by the Smart Drive / ODS Control 10 & E-Port Controllers
IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF THE VOLTAGE SUPPLY YOU MUST CONSULT WITH A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN.
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BELOW
PRODUCT INFORMATION (Genuine Part)
Part # 15.121.000 ODS L-10
The L10 is designed to fit in the Hood End Plate, rather than inside the axle like other motors. Mounted to the end plate via two mounting holes located at the front .
The L10 is housed in tough die cast aluminium housing and is supplied with 2m of cable attached with spade connectors also attached, that connects to the wall plate. (5m is the maximum length of cable permitted).
The L10 is suitable to most Hood End plates 160mm and above.
Technical Specifications - e-series L10
Nominal Torque: 10Nm
No Load Speed: 16rpm
Max Operating Current: 3.6 Amps
Nominal Voltage: 12 volts
Internal End Stop Limits: 18 turns (in other words the motor turns 18 revolutions then stops automatically it can then be operated to turn in the other direction and stops after 18 revolutions).
The Ozroll L10 Has A Maximum Lifting Capacity of 16kg
Curtain weight: 1sq mtr = 4kg = 4square meter of shutter (for example, 2000mm x 2000mm window maximum) or any other combination that equals 4 square metres or less.PLEASE NOTE:
You may be replacing an old Mech 10 Motor (pictured below on the RH Side) these are no longer available and have been superseded by the L10 motor (pictured below on the LH Side) NOTE THE WORDING ON THE STICKERS, THEY ARE EASY TO IDENTIFY.
If replacing the old Mech 10 motor you will need one of the axle adapters below as well as a Red Axle insert for the Idler end on a 50mm round aluminium axle..
Axle Adapters 50 mm Round is the most common.
Red Axle Insert with bearing (below) goes on the opposite end to the motor.
NOTE: IF RETRO FITTING from Strap control or Mech 10 and using a new Red Axle Insert (below) the 50mm round axle cut length is box width os-os less 96mm.
Note the white and black sticker/labels on the two motors below RH side says "SMART MECH 10" LH side says "ODS - L10". The MECH 10 is now superseded and no longer available the ODS - L10 is the replacement but you will need the adapters listed above.
THIS IS A LOW VOLTAGE 12V System it is relativly easy for a handyman to achieve a motor changeover or retrofit, download the instructions "Click Here"
IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF THE VOLTAGE SUPPLY YOU MUST CONSULT WITH A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN.
Once the motor is installed and working, before engaging the axle and shutter curtain to the motor - run the motor in the downward direction until its stops itself, this may take some time as the motor limits are set at 18 revolutions for shutters up to 3m in height. (In simple terms the motor counts the number of revolutions and stops at a pre determined count of 18) Press the down button again to ensure its fully down, then simply insert the axle into the motor by alingning the spline on the axle adapter, rotate the axle so that the back of the top curtain slats sit against the back of the box.
Resistance causes the motor to stop on the way up (at the top) this is achieved by using stops in the shutter guide.Basically the controller senses a large change in current draw and turns the motor off. This means there is no limit settings required during installation.
HANDY HINTS to achieving a succesful changeover:
1) The shutter curtain must be all the way down and the axle exposed.
Firstly ensure your controller is sufficiently charged or use a controller from a window you know is working.
- Press the down button multiple times until the curtain is down (it may only move a few mm at a time).
- If you get no movement pressing the down button have someone outside hit the end of the headbox where the motor is with a rubber mallet or hammer with a block of wood whilst the down button is pressed (this seems to sometimes be enough for the brushes to make contact for short intervals).
2) Once the curtain is down if you can't rotate the axle.
To acess all pop rivets securing the idler end you may have to cut through the old Mech 10 tube insert assembly imediately at the end of the axle (NOT THE AXLE).
3) Pulling out the 12v wiring. The wiring cable may pass through some very small holes and pass around tight metalic (Aluminium) corners. If its a standard installation as recomended by Ozroll the wire loom exits the headbox and passes down a cavity in the roller shutter guide track (found on each side of the roller shutter) then exits the leg guide at a point level with the controller mount inside the house, and passes through the wall, sometimes through holes with only 8-10mm in diameter.
- Inside the house remove the plastic controller mounting cradle from the wall and disconect the wiring by detaching the spade terminals. CONSULT WITH A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN if you have any doubt about the system.
- Tie some strong string to the cable ends where spade terminals are I use builders string doubled and looped (see image below).
- Tightly cover with electrical tape but ENSURE the overall diameter is no larger than the black plastic sheath covering the red and black wires and ENSURE the whole winding remains flexible (dont wind too much tape.).
- Pull as much wire from the wall as possible and lubricate with CRC or silicone spray.
- Go outside and find where the wire exits the headbox and apply liberal amounts of CRC etc. down the hole if exiting into the curtain guide track.
- Pull the wiring out, you may need someone inside giggling the wire whilst attempting to remove.
- It may be nessesary to partially remove the screws securing the guide track to access the wire and feed it around the corner.
- Simply reverse the prosess to install the wiring.
4) 50 mm Round Axle cut length and keyway
- If you are retro fitting from an old strap controll or old Mech 10 motor and using the red axle insert the axle cut lenght is Hood Box outside to outside measurement LESS 96mm.
- A 25 x 4mm slot will need to be cut lenthways into the motor end of the axle to accomodate a key on the black plastic axle adapter.
5) Before engaging the axle and shutter curtain to the motor
- Test for correct motor direction when pressing controller buttons if incorrect simply swap wires on the controller.
- Run the motor in the downward direction until its stops itself , this may take some time as the motor limits are set at 18 revolutions (in simple terms the motor counts the number of revolutions and stops at a pre determined count of 18)
- Simply insert the axle into the motor by aligning the spline on the axle adapter with the female spline receptor in the motor, correct alignment is when the back of the top curtain slats sit against the back of the box a security measure so that the top of the curtain engages with 2 x slat cut offs fixed at the top of the back of the box.
- The straps which connect the curtain to the roller should not wind beyond any comfortable position (slightly bent is allowable)
TEST the UP and DOWN MOVEMENT STOP AT THE CORRECT POINTS if successfull mount the Hood Box cover thats it your done.
All Ozroll products are shipped via Express Post.
- A flat rate $15.00 Postage charge (per order wether for 1 item or several items) is added at the cart.
- Posted direct from the Ozroll Factory/Warehouse in Adelaide.
- Within 48 hours of receiving your completed payment.
- You will be notified via email once shipped.
WARRANTY and RETURNS
Miller Canvas is committed to providing quality products to our customers. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with any product supplied by us, please contact us by emailing email@example.com within 7 days of receiving the goods.
- Include your Name, Address and Tax Invoice number in the email.
- Provide a clear and detailed description of the problem you are experiencing.
- No product is to be returned without authorisation and an accompanying CUSTOMER CLAIM FORM issued by Miller Canvas.
- Any return will be to Ozroll and not Miller Canvas unless otherwise directed.
- Return packaging must be of sufficient quality to protect the goods in transit.
- You are responsible for ANY return costs of the goods back to Ozroll.
- Different products have varying warranty periods generally stated on the product description page.
- Upon return Ozroll technicians will inspect and test the component and will repair or replace the item and ship it back to you.
- Guarantees do not apply if you got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it.
In addition to manufacturers’ guarantees on selected products, Miller Canvas and its suppliers provide a guarantee of acceptable quality on every product, by law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure, and to compensation for other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality but the failure does not amount to a major failure. This refund policy is not intended to exclude or limit any rights which you may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or equivalent State or Territory laws.